FAAP Americana Patriotic

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Grilled Zucchini with Herb Butter



Do you have an overabundance of zucchini?   

Here is a quick and healthy recipe which I make often.





Grilled zucchini with Herb Butter






2 medium zucchini halved lengthwise.


 Heat a grill pan over medium -high heat.  Coat pan with cooking spray.   Add zucchini and cook 4-5 minutes on each side.

Place 2 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and 2 teaspoons unsalted butter in a microwave-safe bowl.  Microwave at HIGH for 20 seconds or until butter melts.  Stir in 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, kosher salt and black pepper.  

 Drizzle butter mixture evenly over zucchini, top with freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese.

YUM !

4 comments:

  1. Will we ever learn?....always too much zucchini. I already have 33 cups of grated zucchini in my freezer! This looks different and will try it as I do have fresh herbs to add. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I never tire of zucchini. Like Pat, I shred my excess for during the winter and make zucchini quiche, zucchini bread and the list goes on.

    ReplyDelete

We love our followers. Please, leave a comment :) We welcome your thoughts.